Felony DUI Charges in Las Vegas
DUI Felony Offenses
- Felony DUI since the 3rd offense within 7 years.
- Felony DUI caused serious injury.
- DUI caused a person’s death.
- Fleeing the scene of the crime resulting to damage of property
- Hit-and-run resulting to death/injury
3rd DUI offense Penalties
A 3rd DUI conviction within 7 years of the first one is a Category B Felony (NRS 484C.400).
- Prison term for 1 to 6 years.
- $2,000 to $5,000 fine.
- Victim Impact Panel
- Installation of Breath Interlock Device in your car for 1 to 3 years after your release (NRS 484C.460)
- 3-year driver’s license suspension or revocation, 5-day registration suspension
- $35 civil penalty fee (NRS 484C.500)
- Alcohol and drug evaluation
Penalties for DUI Causing Injury
DUI causing injury is a Category B felony (NRS 484C.430).
- Prison term of 2 to 20 years.
- Fines from $2,000 to $5,000.
If the defendant is accused of DUI with death and has 3 previous convictions in Las Vegas, the prosecutor will change the charges to Category A Felony of vehicular homicide (NRS 484C.440).
- Imprisonment for 25 years or life sentence
- Chance of parole after 10 years.
Leaving the Scene Resulting to Damage of Property Penalties
Drivers who tend to leave the scene of the crime to weaken the case against them will get nowhere but commit a Felony DUI charge. Penalties will depend on the severity of damage and/or the number of people injured or killed (484E.010).
Collision resulting todamage of property will be penalized with:
- 6 months of imprisonment; and/or
- Maximum fine of $1,000
- 6 demerit points to offending driver’s license
Penalties for Hit-and-Run involving Death/Injury
Heftier penalties comes with collision resulting to death or injury, including:
- 2 to 20 years of imprisonment with no probation
- No less than $2,000 and no more than $5,000 fines
- Possible license revocation and suspension, depending on the number of injuries and deaths during the incident (484E.010)
Dismissed (DUI (.128) Reduced to Reckless Driving
Not Guilty **Trial** Domestic Battery
Reckless Driving .220 BAC
Misdemeanor Petit Larceny 11 Counts Theft (Category B Felony)
Dismissed 2 Counts Battery on a Protected Person (Gross Misdemeanor)
Felony DUI Defenses
With the evidence and facts of your case, Attorney Ross C. Goodman, Esq. can convince the prosecutor that the case should be dismissed or lessened to minor charges. The following are few points that can help with your DUI case:
- Lack of probable cause;
- Defective equipment;
- Inaccurate readings;
- Police misconduct;
- No causation.
Being faced with such a difficult situation was overwhelming, but your strategic approach and guidance provided both comfort and hope.- Crystal L.
If someone wants competence, experience, straightforwardness, and results along with a great personality then they need Ross Goodman. He's the only attorney I would recommend. The quality I received with Ross cannot be overstated. He's the best!- Rianna W.
There's not enough stars for Ross Goodman. I highly recommend him for all your legal needs. I am a very satisfied client, and for once in my life I feel that there is a good lawyer that actually fights for justice and gets the job done instead of just making deals.- Christine D.
My family and I are very grateful we hired Mr. Ross Goodman to represent me. We can’t thank Mr. Ross enough for what he did.- Gilbert P.
I can't say enough good things about Ross and his team. He kept me fully informed, answered my questions promptly and personally, and was just there for me. I'd definitely recommend him without any hesitation.- Howard R.
So thankful for Mr. Ross Goodman taking on my case. Sometimes bad things happen even to good people and you're left to make decisions that could affect your livelihood. I knew going into my case I wanted the best lawyer defending me and the best is Ross.- Taniel C.
I had met with Ross in his office and within three seconds I knew I had to hire him. His right hand Tiffanie was professional and friendly and kept me informed of all court dates, which Ross appeared twice on my behalf without me even having to show up. I- Candice R.
Mr. Ross Goodman is a true professional. His knowledge and dedication to me as a client was unparalleled! Mr. Goodman and his assistant Tiffanie were a beacon of hope to my family and I during a time when my options appeared limited and the likelihood of a- Samuel G.